Tuesday 15 October 2013

after the morning HOT NEWS

hello everyone :)

Today morning, you had an opportunity to read my post about the recommendation regarding a short signal on the SP500 futures. Of course, I have bought a short position at the price 1705.7 points and after 3:15 p.m. the Warsaw time when the price have fell to 1696 points, I have put my stop profit to 1700 level. Exactly at 4:06 p.m. unfortunately, I was thrown out of the market and I booked a profit of 5.7 points. <chart below>


chart 1, SP500 futures, M5, 2013-10-15

comments and opinions always welcome :)

best regards,
oscarjp

4 comments:

  1. Nice trade but if u held position much longer, now u would take much higher profit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right but it is the role of take profit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the role of TP, but why don't hold position to support levels mentioned in post before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. Of course, always when I trading I set stop loss this is consistent with my and corporate investment policy where I working. During the day, I'm trading in many financial markets, and unfortunately I'm not able to monitor up to date any of them. Therefore, most of my trades closes just using a take profit, stop loss or stop profit.

    ReplyDelete